How to Drive Safe This Winter
Wintertime in the Omaha, NE area can bring a myriad of weather conditions. Whenever the roads are questionable with snow, sleet, or freezing rain, it is best that you have some good winter driving tips so that you can navigate like a professional. You can also bring your Mazda6 or Mazda CX-5 into our service team at Woodhouse Mazda so that we can make sure you are ready to go for any winter driving needs.
- Be sure that you have plenty of tread on your tires and that they are properly inflated. You should also have a spare tire and tools handy in case of an emergency.
- When you are on the roads in slippery conditions, never use your cruise control function.
- Before leaving for your destination, check out the latest weather and road reports so that you can plan extra travel time. Never rush on wintry roads.
- Understand your brakes prior to driving in the snow. Threshold braking is generally best – which is when you have your heel on the floor, using the ball of your foot for the application of firm, steady pressure to the brake pedal.
- Have an emergency kit on hand that includes items like flares, a power bank to charge your cell phone, bottled water, snacks, and a blanket.
- Winter maintenance for your vehicle is always a good idea to ensure proper function throughout the season. Our Mazda service center can take care of your tires, check your fluids and battery, and make sure you are ready to go.
Woodhouse Mazda would like all of our customers to have a safe and happy winter season. If you would like to bring your vehicle in for service, you will find our state-of-the-art Mazda service center at 6603 L Street in beautiful Omaha, NE. For questions on service or to set up an appointment, call us at (855) 897-6095.